Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Status of Python api?

2015-02-26 16:37:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Status of Python api?
From: S McGraw <smcg2297 AT frii DOT com>
To: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:32:13 -0700
On 02/26/2015 06:11 AM, Heitor Faria wrote:
>> On 02/23/2015 10:45 AM, S McGraw wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> I was auto-labeling the volumes for each job like: xxx-1.bac,
>>> xxx-2.bac, xxx-<n>.bac, etc where <n> starts at 1 for each job.
>>> Is there some variable that has that behavior?
>>> [...]
>
> Hey Mr. McGraw: you should try LabelFormat = "xxx-${NumVols}.bac"
> What is xxx? If is the client name you can uses ${Client}.
> You could check all Bacula Variables via Google:
> http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/misc/misc/Variable_Expansion.html

Thanks for that suggestion.  I read the Variable Expansion
chapter many times but interpreted "current number of Volumes
in the Pool" as being a fixed number for a pool with a large
number of pre-labeled volumes.

I just tried using NumVols but the number it produced was 5177.
I guess was wrong about the pre-labeled part but it does seem
to be total number of volumes in the pool and not a number for
the volumes used in the current job so far which is what I
need.

Is there anything else which might be suitable?

>> No suggestions or comments at all?  I guess I have to take
>> that as meaning Bacula does not provide a way of doing this.
>> Would have been nice to know definitely though.
>
> Please avoiding posting twice and using blackmail. This is not a
> professional paid support list.

I posted first on Feb 17 and after the message did not appear
on the list posted a second time on Feb 20.  Both messages
showed up on the list together a day and a half later.

I am well aware that this is not a paid support list, being
a contributor to open source projects myself.  I am sorry if
you (or anyone else) saw my post as "blackmail" -- when I ask
a question on a mailing list I generally try to always post
closing message saying what I did to resolve (or not) a
problem so the thread has some closure for others with the
same problem who google it up in the future.  I believe I
did that in a factual and neutral way.

Again, thanks for your attempt to help, but what I wrote
still seems true.