Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Status of Python api?

2015-02-23 12:48:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Status of Python api?
From: S McGraw <smcg2297 AT frii DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:45:41 -0700
Thanks for the clarification.

One followup question if I could, since I have to go back
to using LabelFormat again...

My volumes are written to disk and are sized to fit on a DVD
so a backup job will often need more than one volume to complete.

I was auto-labeling the volumes for each job like: xxx-1.bac,
xxx-2.bac, xxx-<n>.bac, etc where <n> starts at 1 for each job.
Is there some variable that has that behavior?  Counters continue
to increment as long as the director is running rather than
restarting at 1 for each job.  (Right now I am restarting the
director in a cron job each night before the backup jobs start
but that is a little... uggg... :-)