Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7 on FreeBSD, suddenly can't do anything

2015-01-27 16:01:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7 on FreeBSD, suddenly can't do anything
From: dweimer <dweimer AT dweimer DOT net>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:59:36 -0600
On 01/27/2015 2:33 pm, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On 01/27/2015 02:17 PM, dweimer wrote:
>
>> OK, this is just strange, I rebuilt all the ports on my FreeBSD
>> server,
>> then changed just the bconsole.conf file back to the DNS name using
>> bconsole -d 500, it resolves the name then hangs, it will timeout if I
>> wait long enough.
>
> Does BSD have nsswitch and could something like "-lnsl" be missing from
> bacula's LDFLAGS? -- unlikely, I know...

Not sure how to see full list of compiled options, will do some more
looking into it tonight. I did however just realize that my PostgreSQL
database connection is still listed by DNS name, so at least one thing
is correctly resolving by DNS and connecting correctly. FreeBSD also
released a security patch this afternoon that deals with Socket Stream
flow control issues, I will be rebuilding world tomorrow to install this
anyways. Maybe the issue will mysterious resolve itself after the fresh
build world. wouldn't be the first time soothing went awry during a
previous buildworld that caused issue. mostly likely due to something I
did wrong. However they usually manifest right after the installation
not down the road on one program. At least I am getting backups with the
IPs in the configuration instead of the DNS names so my data is still
protected.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer