Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7 on FreeBSD, suddenly can't do anything

2015-01-26 21:43:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7 on FreeBSD, suddenly can't do anything
From: dweimer <dweimer AT dweimer DOT net>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:38:02 -0600
On 01/26/2015 8:04 pm, dweimer wrote:
> My bconsole program suddenly can't connect to the director, My webacula
> setup does very slowly (as in 3 minutes to load a page) give me data.
> Everything was running fine when backups ran just after midnight. No
> updates were installed since the backups were ran, I have restarted
> services, rebooted the server and no change. I have verified that its
> listening on the ports, that DNS and network is working correctly. The
> only log I get is an operation timed out in the system messages log.
>
> Anybody have any ideas on what to check, can't for the life of me
> figure
> out what it is hanging up on. I have the Debug level set to 100 running
> in foreground, and still not getting an error logged on the bacula-dir.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>     Dean E. Weimer
>     http://www.dweimer.net/

I did find a work around, but not sure where the problem is for sure,
going to post on FreeBSD list as well. the fix, convert all my hostnames
in configuration files from fully qualified DNS to IP addresses. I just
did this on a hunch, but apparently something somehow has broken in the
Bacula name resolution on FreeBSD or at least suddenly on my system.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer