Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Should I have a server in every location?

2015-01-27 12:00:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Should I have a server in every location?
From: Damien Hull <dhull AT tikigaq DOT com>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:57:58 +0000

Thanks for the info. In my case I’ll be backing up to disk. Offsite storage will be done using a combination of things. Not sure how it all works yet but here’s what was suggested so far.

1.      Use version 7

2.      Run a base job and copy that to the remote server

3.      Use a virtual job to convert incremental backups into a full backup

4.      Remote servers using copy jobs to transfer data offsite – still looking into this one.