Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Pretty serious bug just discovered

2015-01-28 09:19:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Pretty serious bug just discovered
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:16:25 +0000
I have been having crashes with the latest version of Bacula director (v7.0.5-1
x86_64 from slaanesh repo on RHEL6) off and on and just discovered what was the
sequence of events that is causing the problem.   If there is an incremental
job currently running and the same job is started as FULL or Differential
backup, the incremental job is terminated, however the director suffers a
segmentation violation and crashes.  It is repeatable.  I'd had a director
crash over the weekend just as my FULL backups were queuing up, so I'd been
manually starting smaller groups of those jobs each day to allow my daily
incrementals to process.  I did not check to see that the FULL job that I was
starting this morning already had an incremental job in-progress and then my
director was dead.  So, to test, I started an incremental job, let it run for a
minute or so and then started the same job as a FULL and down the director went.

The following is from /var/log/messages

Jan 28 08:55:57 back1 bacula-dir: Bacula interrupted by signal 11: Segmentation
violation

Jan 28 08:55:57 back1 kernel: bacula-dir[18973]: segfault at 0 ip
0000003888c71957 sp 00007faab75fc550 error 6 in libc-2.12.so[3888c00000+18a000]

Jan 28 08:56:04 back1 bacula-fd: bsock.c:427 Write error sending 199 bytes to
client:127.0.0.1:9102: ERR=Broken pipe

I will be opening a bug report shortly.

Patti Clark
Linux System Administrator
R&D Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory