Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage to storage feature in 7.0.x

2014-05-16 03:05:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage to storage feature in 7.0.x
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:00:02 +0200
Josip Deanovic on Wednesday 2014-05-14 15:57:35  wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I am trying to utilize the new "storage to storage" (replication or
> off-site backup) feature in bacula 7.0.x and I am having some issues
> regarding this task.
>
> I am using bacula 7.0.2 and I have configured two pools and two storages
> with different Device and MediaType specified in their respective
> resource definitions.

[...]

> Could someone please confirm that "storage to storage" feature is
> working to him?
>
> Am I missing something and is there any documentation related to storage
> to storage feature which was announced as a new feature in 7.0.0?

[...]

Since there was no response I'll assume that nobody here tried to play
with storage to storage transmission feature in bacula 7.0.x.

I'll try bacula 7.0.3 today (although there is no mention of the described
issue in the bacula 7.0.3 changelog) and if the issue persist I'll report
this as a bug.

It would really help if there was some documentation along with the
announce of this feature in 7.0.0 release notes.
The only few bits of information that shed some light on how this feature
supposed to work I had to pick up from bareos release notes page. :-\

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic