Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Storage to storage feature in 7.0.x

2014-05-14 10:47:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Storage to storage feature in 7.0.x
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 15:57:35 +0200
Greetings!

I am trying to utilize the new "storage to storage" (replication or
off-site backup) feature in bacula 7.0.x and I am having some issues
regarding this task.

I am using bacula 7.0.2 and I have configured two pools and two storages
with different Device and MediaType specified in their respective resource
definitions.

I have also configured a Copy job in a way as Copy job is usually meant to
be used. The only difference here is that the NextPool specified in the
default/current pool points to a different storage.

When I run the Copy job everything looks fine. Proper pools are chosen
as well as storage daemons for read and write.
Unfortunately in bconsole I can see jobs waiting to connect to their
storage daemons and few seconds later Copy job fails.

Could someone please confirm that "storage to storage" feature is working
to him?

Am I missing something and is there any documentation related to storage
to storage feature which was announced as a new feature in 7.0.0?

I have also noticed that "New Features in 7.0.0" page claims that Next
Pool directive could now be used in the Job resource as well but in my
case it is completely ignored and I had to set it in the Pool resource,
the same way as it was in the version before 7.0.0.
http://www.bacula.org/7.0.x-manuals/en/main/New_Features_in_7_0_0.html#SECTION00313000000000000000

One more thing I have noticed...
The official Bacula web page has changed and now bacula error messages
that contains URLs point to missing pages (Error 404).

Kind regards

--
Josip Deanovic