Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] rpm repo for CentOS 6 anyone?

2014-05-08 13:38:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] rpm repo for CentOS 6 anyone?
From: Mark <bacula-list AT nerdish DOT us>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 12:29:42 -0500
Hello,

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi> wrote:
08.05.2014 15:12, Richard Fox kirjoitti:
> Hi Jari & all,
>
> On Thu, 8 May 2014, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>
>> CentOS 6 has bacula 5.0.0 which has a bug so that it prunes jobs older
>> than 43 years, no matter how it was defined for director.

I don't have an alternate repo to offer you, I just wanted to ask if "43 years" is a typo, or if you really have retention times set that go beyond that time frame?  More a curiosity than anything, I've certainly heard of people with 7 or 10 year retentions, but you're talking about it being an issue if jobs you run today get purged in 2057?  Sorry, it just really piqued my interest because it's so far out of any use cases I've heard of.

Mark