Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] rpm repo for CentOS 6 anyone?

2014-05-08 08:33:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] rpm repo for CentOS 6 anyone?
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 14:31:09 +0200
Hello,

On 8 May 2014 13:40, Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi> wrote:
CentOS 6 has bacula 5.0.0 which has a bug so that it prunes jobs older
than 43 years, no matter how it was defined for director.

I could not find a repo or rpm for full Bacula package (only for
client), but hopefully someone else knows?

I'm the current package maintainer for Bacula in Fedora, and I make sure that the current packages always build back to RHEL/CentOS 5. I always push the latest Bacula to Fedora Rawhide and recompile the packages for all the non-EOL distributions in Fedora/CentOS/RHEL (that is CentOS/RHEL 5/6/7 and Fedora 19/20/21 at the moment).

There is one repository with the latest Bacula 5.2.13 that is at the same version of Fedora and CentOS/RHEL 7 (for RHEL it lags a couple of builds behind but it's the same package, you can see my name in the changelog):
I'm maintaining them both and push updates to both of them, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

You can upgrade straight from CentOS Bacula 5.0.0 package to both of them, please read the readme files before as the logic for choosing the database has changed.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/