Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine

2014-02-25 14:14:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 14:11:11 -0500
Did you try the using -c parameter with bacula-fd.exe. Your screen dumps do not show that.

John

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com> wrote:

I have tried many different version of the Window Bacula client and had no success backing it up. Each time the server emails me telling me that the connection was refused.

When I perform a netstat –n on the Windows 2003 server it does not show the Bacula FD running on any socket.

When I try to run the Bacula-fd.exe from the command line the output reads

Bacula-fd: ERRO TERMINATION at /home/kern/Bacula/k/Bacula/src/lib/

Parse_conf.c:918

Config error: Cannot open config file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bacula/Bacula-fd.conf”: No such file or directory

So when I look at the file C:\Program Files\Bacula\bacula-fd.conf this is what it contains.

#

# Default  Bacula File Daemon Configuration file

#

#  For Bacula release 5.2.4 (01/18/12) -- Windows MinGW32

#

# There is not much to change here except perhaps the

# File daemon Name

#

#

# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications

#

FileDaemon {                            # this is me

  Name = bnspflu1-ts01-fd

  FDport = 9102                # where we listen for the director

  WorkingDirectory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"

  Pid Directory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"

# Plugin Directory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\plugins"

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10

}

#

# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon

#

Director {

  Name = bacula1.usmetrotel.com-dir

  Password = "Password-01"

}

#

# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the

#   status of the file daemon

#

Director {

  Name = @monitor_name@

  Password = "@monitor_password@"

  Monitor = yes

}

# Send all messages except skipped files back to Director

Messages {

  Name = Standard

  director = bacula1.usmetrotel.com-dir = all, !skipped, !restored

}

I have also tried placing the # in front of the following lines with no success.

Director {

  Name = @monitor_name@

  Password = "@monitor_password@"

  Monitor = yes

}

What could I be missing? I really was hoping to get it ti work on Windows because it works so well on CentOS and RedHat. I apologize if I missed the fix in any previous responses to the distro or privately

LK