Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine

2014-02-25 15:18:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:16:26 -0500

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com> wrote:

No I did not see that option.

When I enter bacula-fd.exe /? I get this output.

Bacula-fd [/debug] [/service] [/run] [/kill] [/install] [/remove] [/help]

Entering bacula-fd.exe –c  in one dos-shell and then launching netstat –n in another does not show 91xx anything listening.

Running bBacula-fd.exe /debug returns this:

C:\Program Files\Bacula>bacula-fd.exe /debug

C:\Program Files\Bacula>

25-Feb 14:37 bacula-fd: ERROR TERMINATION at /home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/lib/

parse_conf.c:918

Config error: Cannot open config file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Appli

cation Data\Bacula/bacula-fd.conf": No such file or directory

bacula-fd.exe /service gives no response, and running netstat –n shows no Bacula daemon listening.

bacula-fd.exe /run

C:\Program Files\Bacula>bacula-fd.exe /run

C:\Program Files\Bacula>

25-Feb 15:02 bacula-fd: ERROR TERMINATION at /home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/lib/

parse_conf.c:918

Config error: Cannot open config file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Appli

cation Data\Bacula/bacula-fd.conf": No such file or directory

bacula-fd.exe /kill returns no response.

bacula-fd.exe /install gives me a graphical errors stat it could not be installed.

bacula-fd.exe /remove returns nothing

bacula-fd.exe /help shows this.

Bacula-fd [/debug] [/service] [/run] [/kill] [/install] [/remove] [/help]

I see. This is not how the windows client used to work. I am looking into this.

John