Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine

2014-02-24 16:08:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:06:24 -0500
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com>
wrote:

> Kern and support distro - Thanks for the continued support.
>

> I just do not think the FD is running is all. As to why I am not sure. I am
> Domain Admin in our Active Directory domain and I should be able to manually
> start it with no issues.

Its not because of the following invalid configuration:

> #
> # Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
> #   status of the file daemon
> #
> Director {
>   Name = @monitor_name@
>   Password = "@monitor_password@"
>   Monitor = yes
> }

That is not your fault the old install for windows makes an invalid
configuration. You need to remove that section and the fd should
start. You can test by manually running the client exe.

John