Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of many small files

2013-11-04 19:40:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of many small files
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 19:37:22 -0500
On 11/04/13 18:55, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On 11/04/2013 04:17 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote: ...  In at least one
> of the
>> cases I know about, though, the problem was not a failure of DRBD
>> per se, it was that someone accidentally started up mysqld on the
>> second node,
>
> Ah, the "active-active" setup. I agree: avoid like plague.

Well, they weren't *supposed* to be both active at once.  But someone
made a mistake and accidentally started mysql on the standby node
while it was still running on the primary.  "Oops.  Oh, crap..."

> The simple stupid (and bulletproof) setup is an active/passive
> cluster with drbd, mysql, and floating ip. Unfortunately if it
> fails over your bacula-dir is going to lost its connection to the
> db and kill the running backup -- see my post from 2 days ago.

Well, that's one good way, yeah.  The other is a shared-nothing
master-master cluster.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.