Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of many small files

2013-11-04 10:15:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of many small files
From: "compdoc" <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 07:58:34 -0700
>> we switched to "/usr/share/mysql/my-huge.cnf"

>Honestly, the truth is that all of those sample configuration files are all
but worthless.

I can't speak to all versions of bacula, but I used the my-huge.cnf from
Version 5.2.13 to create my own my.cnf file. I had to disable a couple of
lines in the file that prevented msql from starting, and I did my own
tweaking to make it run in 4 Gigs of ram. There are also lines to enable
InnoDB.

I used 'mysqltuner.pl' to help with the tweaking. They may not be perfect,
but I think those sample .cnf files are a good start to rolling your own.

By the way, it wasn't enough to enable InnoDB - I had to create the bacula
database after it was enabled for the tables to use this engine. (it was a
new install)

I don't know if it's possible to convert the tables after enabling InnoDB,
but I would think it's better to start them out that way. You can google
ways to tell if your tables are using InnoDB.