Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of many small files

2013-11-07 08:05:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of many small files
From: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>
To: compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 14:02:43 +0100
Am 04.11.2013 15:58, schrieb compdoc:
>>> we switched to "/usr/share/mysql/my-huge.cnf"
> I used 'mysqltuner.pl' to help with the tweaking. They may not be perfect,
> but I think those sample .cnf files are a good start to rolling your own.

I just did fiddle a little bit with mysqltuner.pl.

As answer to mysqltuner's output for an elder MySql version I added the
following lines to file my.cnf based on my-huge.cnf:

  skip-innodb
  skip-networking

after restarting MySql and also Bacula to be on the safe side current
recommendations then of mysqltuner:

> General recommendations:
> Run OPTIMIZE TABLE to defragment tables for better performance
> MySQL started within last 24 hours - recommendations may be inaccurate
> Enable the slow query log to troubleshoot bad queries

Bconsole and also Bat are proper operating again - I suppose nothing to
worry about.

In a test with Bat I did build the directory tree for a 1.44TB Job with
4 million files

output of top - cpu load 50%-99% - mem 10%
> PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 6624 mysql    20   0  529m 199m 4284 S   83  9.9   4:06.69 mysqld

Bat did need round about 7 minutes for building the dir tree.

In a last run mysqltuner now additionaly recommends to tweak some variables:

--
Ralf Brinkmann