Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] upgrading bacula from one server to an entirely different piece of hardware

2013-09-19 19:47:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] upgrading bacula from one server to an entirely different piece of hardware
From: Jared Kelley <jkelley AT popcap DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:30:58 -0700
Bconsole tells me I'm running this version of bacula.
*version
backup1-dir Version: 3.0.1 (30 April 2009) i686-pc-linux-gnu debian 5.0.1

I inherited this setup and need to upgrade on a new server because the raid
controller on the old server is failing.
My question is this:
Will the current config files be compatible with the latest version of bacula?
I'm planning on using apt-get to install the packages.
Since this installation will happen on totally different hardware I'm hoping to
avoid having to redo my config files.
Thoughts on this procedure?

Thanks

Jared