Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] choosing database.

2013-09-19 11:54:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] choosing database.
From: Mauro <mrsanna1 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:51:57 +0200
On 19 September 2013 17:20, Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu> wrote:

The answer may partly come from how much RAM the system running the
database has.  I've seen numerous preferences for postgres on this
mailing list, but I've personally found on my 8Gb RAM system, I get
better performance out of mysql.  We backup about 130+ hosts,
incrementals nightly, differentials weekly, fulls monthly (~40TB).

In my case the ram is not a problem, bacula server is in a virtual machine, I'm using xen, actually my ram is 4G but I can increase.
I've to backup about 30 host, four of which have a lot of data to be backed up.
One has about 80G of data, multimedia files and other.
I've always used postgres for all my needs so I though to use it also for bacula server.