Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] choosing database.

2013-09-19 11:38:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] choosing database.
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:20:39 -0700

The answer may partly come from how much RAM the system running the
database has.  I've seen numerous preferences for postgres on this
mailing list, but I've personally found on my 8Gb RAM system, I get
better performance out of mysql.  We backup about 130+ hosts,
incrementals nightly, differentials weekly, fulls monthly (~40TB).

Stephen

On 9/19/13 8:06 AM, Mauro wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm using bacula in a linux debian system.
> I've to backup about 30 hosts.
> I've choose postresql as database.
> What do you think about?
> Better mysql or postgres?

> LIMITED TIME SALE - Full Year of Microsoft Training For Just $49.99!
> 1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012, Windows 8, SharePoint
> 2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library Power Pack includes
> Mobile, Cloud, Java, and UX Design. Lowest price ever! Ends 9/20/13.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=58041151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760
510.214.6506 (phone)           University of California, Berkeley
510.643.5811 (fax)             Berkeley, CA 94720-4760