Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole mtx-changer issue when loading cleaning tape (IBM tape media)

2013-05-30 11:03:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole mtx-changer issue when loading cleaning tape (IBM tape media)
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: Owner AT useme DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 17:00:23 +0200
Am 30.05.2013 16:16, schrieb Owner:

>> So your changer supports barcodes? In that case you shouldn't use
>> "update slots scan" in the first place. Use "label barcodes" to
>> label your tapes with their barcodes, or "add volume" to add tapes
>> already so labeled. If you specify the cleaning prefix "CLN" in
>> your pool definition, Bacula will even know not to load cleaning
>> tapes.
>>
> I do have the Cleaning prefix set in the Pool definition, but that does
> not seem to make a difference when doing the command.

It doesn't affect "update slots scan" because the "scan" option
tells it to ignore barcodes and actually read the tape, which
obviously won't work for a cleaning tape.

What I meant to say is that the Cleaning Prefix option will
prevent the "label barcodes" command from trying to label
the cleaning tape.

HTH
T.