Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole mtx-changer issue when loading cleaning tape (IBM tape media)

2013-05-30 10:42:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole mtx-changer issue when loading cleaning tape (IBM tape media)
From: Owner <dmalloc AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:50:37 -0400
Hello Patricia.

Thank you for the detailed answer.
The Slot (number 1) is already labeled in the TS2900 loader as the slot
that holds the cleaning tape. What confuses me is why mtx-loader just
times out ONLY when the cleaning tape is being loaded.

You are right, that LTO-5 does not need cleaning often, the loaders are
in a fully climate controlled data centre as well. I think I will simply
remove the cleaning tape for now from the cassette and see how it goes.