Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks

2013-05-02 18:32:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 17:28:43 -0500
On 05/02/2013 02:44 PM, John Drescher wrote:

... A single job can never use more than
> device.

No, but I don't have a single job. ;)

...Also with multiple independent storage devices you would have
> to manage and schedule your jobs to each device instead of sending all
> jobs to an autochanger resource and let bacula handle things.

That's kinda what I meant "far from optimal", however, it looks like
this lets me write to several disks in parallel. I might get a speed-up
to offset the extra pain.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin