Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Files of an incomplete backup

2013-04-13 14:59:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Files of an incomplete backup
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: LDC - Gustavo El Khoury <gustavo AT ldc.usb DOT ve>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 20:56:22 +0200
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:45:50PM -0430, LDC - Gustavo El Khoury wrote:
> That's not really an option... The other day I purged the tape where the
> incomplete job was, with purge jobs volume, and I lost an incremental backup
> I had, that was stored in that tape. Your suggestion will only work if the
> given tape would ONLY contain the incomplete backup, which is hardly the case.

As it has already been said, on purging tapes it is all or nothing.
However, there are 'Migrate' jobs. You can migrate the good jobs
somewhere else.
'somewhere else' needs its own pool and storage device. If you only have
one tape drive, you can go via a temporary disk storage pool.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91