Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Files of an incomplete backup

2013-04-13 12:26:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Files of an incomplete backup
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:21:35 -0400
On 04/12/13 22:44, LDC - Gustavo El Khoury wrote:
> If what you're saying is correct (which seems the case, sadly) let's propose
> a weird, bit degenerated but still useful case: retention period of one
> month, and a series of failed backups, which fail after writing a lot of data
> into tapes... What will happen if the tapes get filled with incomplete backup
> files before one month, and there's no space for a new job?
> BTW, is there a way to delete all files associated with a job from the
> catalog? Will it do any difference? (I think it was purge files jobid=nnn but
> not sure)

Is it feasible for you to purge the applicable tapes, then run new full
backups of the affected hosts?  If you do that and you STILL run out of
space, you need more storage capacity, and you have proof of it for the
people who approve the purchase orders.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.