Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Files of an incomplete backup

2013-04-12 22:46:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Files of an incomplete backup
From: LDC - Gustavo El Khoury <gustavo AT ldc.usb DOT ve>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:14:01 -0430
If what you're saying is correct (which seems the case, sadly) let's propose a
weird, bit degenerated but still useful case: retention period of one month,
and a series of failed backups, which fail after writing a lot of data into
tapes... What will happen if the tapes get filled with incomplete backup files
before one month, and there's no space for a new job?
BTW, is there a way to delete all files associated with a job from the catalog?
Will it do any difference? (I think it was purge files jobid=nnn but not sure)

LDC - Gustavo El Khoury