Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with concurrent mixed priority jobs

2013-03-06 07:48:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with concurrent mixed priority jobs
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: stefano scotti <scottistefano91 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:44:02 +0100
On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 01:27:17PM +0100, stefano scotti wrote:

> Thanks Uwe,
>
> I think i will use one of your workarounds, because they are workarounds.
>
> The best solution was to allow mixing lower priorities even though an
> higher job is running.
> Something like Allow Lower Mixed Priority directive.
> But if bacula's devolopers didn't think about that, i have to sadly conform.
>
> Thank you again.

You're welcome ;-)

I think the "bacula enterprise" edition allows for allotment of
bandwitdth on a job / client level, maybe you'd want to look into
that, too.

In the years we've been running bacula I've usually found that a
backup job hardly has any impact on the client being backed up unless
it's a very old system and you're using some crazy compression level,
so I wouldn't worry to much about systems being backed up while
they're in active use. You can always require "accurate" backups
followed by a verify job if you want to play it really safe.

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA