Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem with concurrent mixed priority jobs

2013-03-05 09:22:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem with concurrent mixed priority jobs
From: stefano scotti <scottistefano91 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:19:29 +0100

Hi,

My director allows 5 concurrent jobs, and each job has Allow Mixed Priority set to yes.

My aim is that even if a slow job takes a lot of time to finish, there will be other 4 job slots to use so that the backup system can still work despite of a really really slow job.

So i can have 4 slow jobs and my system will keep scheduling fast jobs anyway.

Now, the problem is that only jobs with an higher priority will be scheduled, lower priority jobs still have to wait even if there are 4 free job slots!

Is it possible to instruct bacula to let lower priority job be scheduled not worrying about the priority of current scheduled jobs but only on the number of free job slots?

Thanks.