Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] update slots scan question

2013-03-05 09:33:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] update slots scan question
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:30:54 +0100
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 09:40:28AM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 2013-02-08 05:17, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> I take it that your tape library does not read barcodes?  Or that you
> are not
> using barcodes.  Which is it?

Hi Dan, thanks much for your answer.

Our library is unable to read barcodes, we do all the labelling
manually.

<snip snip>

> No, not quite. inChanger is either 0 or 1 to indicate if it's in the
> changer.

Ok, got it. Now what happens if I have entered a set of new / weof'ed
tapes into the library and all those are being filled with backups until
the first recycle needs to happen? Will bacula (5.2.13) honor the inchanger
flag, recycling the oldest of the volumes present *in* the library or
will it prompt the operator to insert the even older tapes with
inchanger=0 from the "update slots scan" run?

I hope I'm making myself clear enough here. ;)

Previously I manually set each removed volume status to "Archive", but
judging from your answer this isn't necessary as the "inChanger" flag
takes precedence, right?

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA