Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Corrupted catalog on bad drive - please help!

2013-02-20 00:20:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Corrupted catalog on bad drive - please help!
From: "Michael Stauffer _g" <mgstauff AT gmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 00:17:30 -0500
>Message: 8
>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:42:53 -0500
>From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
>Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Corrupted catalog on bad drive - please
>       help!
>To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

<snip>

>If you suspect hard (as in unrecoverable) disk errors, my advice would
>be to replace the disk, recreate your DBs using InnoDB tables, properly
>retune MySQL for InnoDB, then rebuild your catalog using bscan.
>
>(You might also update to a current MySQL version while you're at it.
>I'm guessing you probably have, at best, MySQL 5.0.95.  5.0 was EOL'd in
>2011, 5.1 will be EOL'd this year, current most recent versions are
>5.5.30 and 5.6.10.)

OK, I'm getting ready to do a fresh rebuild of my catalog using bscan.

I don't have a list of volume names so I can specify "-V*" to read all
volumes?

First off, I've got about 30 2TB tape volumes in the changer, give or take.
I figure this will take at least several days to reconstruct, but could it
take longer? Weeks? I know it'll depend a lot on the tape changer, it's
probably 5-7 years old. I believe it's a Quantum i500.

How do I setup the DB using InnoDB? I'm not seeing that in the docs. (I'm
sticking with bacula 3.0 for now, until I can get the catalog back and do
another full backup).

What does it mean to retune MySQL for InnoDB?

Thanks!!

-M