Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] odd problems backup thru firewall, 1 server ok, 1 fails

2013-02-20 04:13:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] odd problems backup thru firewall, 1 server ok, 1 fails
From: goorooj <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 01:09:56 -0800
Hi,

i have a strange problem with my backup through the firewall.
i have a backup server with 16 slot autoloader inside my LAN.
i have a pfsense betwen LAN and DMZ that does NAT, the DMZ uses a full public
class C Network. the firewall between dmz and the webz therefore does no NAT.
i have a rule that forwards port 9102 from the DMZ machines to SD on backup
server.
i put the name of the SD Server in my config files instead of the IP, the DNS
inside the LAN resolves correctly.
I put the name of the SD Server into the Hosts file of both DMZ machines i am
backing up, a web server and a mail server.
The webserver does his Backup fine, connects without problem to the SD, it´s a
ubuntu 8.04 machine.
the mailserver is a RHEL4 machine and i get the error

 20-Feb 00:58 mailserver-fd JobId 649: Fatal error: bsock.c:134 Unable to
connect to Storage daemon on backupserver:9103. ERR=Connection refused
20-Feb 00:58 mailserver-fd JobId 649: Fatal error: Failed to connect to Storage
daemon: backupserver:9103
20-Feb 01:18 backupserver-dir JobId 649: Fatal error: Bad response to Storage
command: wanted 2000 OK storage
, got 2902 Bad storage

i can telnet from the mailserver to the servername of the backupserver port
9103 and SD responds... so firewall and name resolution should be ok.

the config files of both DMZ machines are identical, just that the RHEL4 uses a
5.0.3 client and ubuntu uses the 2.2.8 client that shipped with ubuntu. backup
server version is 5.0.2... funny that the old client works.

can anybody point me in the right direction?