Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Corrupted catalog on bad drive - please help!

2013-02-20 04:21:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Corrupted catalog on bad drive - please help!
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Michael Stauffer _g <mgstauff AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:17:08 +0100
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:17:30AM -0500, Michael Stauffer _g wrote:

> How do I setup the DB using InnoDB? I'm not seeing that in the docs. (I'm
> sticking with bacula 3.0 for now, until I can get the catalog back and do
> another full backup).

Hello Michael,

I can only answer this question: Create a dump of your old mysql
database using the -d option, this will only dump the table
definitions, then search replace

Engine=MyISAM

with

Engine=InnoDB

or do it in one fell swoop:

mysqldump -u root -pXXXX -d bacula | sed
's/Engine=MyISAM/Engine=InnoDB/g' > dump.sql

Also make sure you have the innodb_tables_as_files option set,
otherwise you db will be one huge unmanageable blob that can't be
reduced in size after a while by dumping / importing again.

> What does it mean to retune MySQL for InnoDB?

Check the list archives, there's been a recent discussion about wether
it's worthwile tuning innodb or migrating to postgres outright ;)

Good luck with your bscan, let us know how it goes (and how long it
took ;)

All the best, Uwe

> Thanks!!
>
> -M

NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA