Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger Tandberg

2013-02-09 08:56:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger Tandberg
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Jürgen Ecker <trexman AT gmx DOT de>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 14:52:40 +0100
Hello,

2013/2/8 "Jürgen Ecker" <trexman AT gmx DOT de>
Hi,

i have another problem with our tape library. The problem is that i get the following error.

94 Full   Tape.2013-02-08_16.37.17_03 is waiting for an appendable Volume

Your Bacula do not have a ready volume in required pool. Show us an output of the command:
* list media pool=Tape

If i check the storage with stat->2: Storage->Autochanger it shows me the following information:

Device "LTO-4" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with:
    Volume:      AAC720
    Pool:        Tape
    Media type:  LT0
    Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:
       Pool:        Tape
       Media type:  LT0
    Slot 1 is loaded in drive 0.
    Total Bytes Read=64,512 Blocks Read=1 Bytes/block=64,512
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0
====

What is the status of volume AAC720? Append? Full? Used? Error?

Used Volume status:
AAC720 on device "LTO-4" (/dev/nst0)
    Reader=0 writers=0 devres=1 volinuse=0

The tape library supports a barcodescanner and i have labeled the tapes with "label barcodes".

Did you label all available tapes?

Why it hangs? I don´t want to label a volume by hand. It should be auto labeled. What is wrong in my configuration.

What do you mean by "auto labeled"? Autolabel is working only when using a disk/file type volumes. When you are using tapes then you have to label tapes manually using i.e. label barcodes console command.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net