Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Standalone client question

2012-03-13 13:51:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Standalone client question
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:50:02 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Standalone client question
To: "Babadostov, Imanuel G [Contractor]" <Imanuel.Babadostov AT bsee DOT gov>

> Ok, so best I can tell I need to install the bacula client and copy the
> content of the conf file that starts with client{ and Job { to the
> director conf file.

You need to create a bacula-fd.conf file for each machine you need to
add to your network backup. Each machine gets its own name and you may
want each machine to have a unique password. Then on the director side
you need to create your backup jobs..

> And as long as the client is running on the client machine as a process
> the director SHOULD be able to control the backups.

Yes. Make sure you do not use 127.0.0.1 or localhost in any of your
bacula configuration files.

John

--
John M. Drescher