Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Mysterious Director console connection failures

2012-03-07 12:05:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Mysterious Director console connection failures
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 12:03:51 -0500
Additional information:

As previously described, I started five jobs scheduled fifteen minutes
in advance.  The first two were started from BAT, after which BAT became
unable to connect and no new consoles could be started.  I then
scheduled three more from an already-open console, for a total of five
jobs, four with PRI=10 for 10:00:00, one with PRI=15 for 11:00:00.

At this time, three of the scheduled jobs (the first, second and fourth
scheduled) have completed, the third is still running, and the fifth
(PRI=15) is waiting on completion of the third before it can run.  I am
now once again able to start new consoles (I started seven new consoles
at once with no problem) and run BAT without problems.  I have not tried
to start any additional jobs at this time.

I don't, unfortunately, know the minimum number of jobs that had to
complete before I could begin opening new console connections again.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.