Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mysterious Director authentication failures

2012-03-06 11:15:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mysterious Director authentication failures
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:10:23 -0500
On 03/06/12 09:40, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> The problem never occurs when the Director is idle.
>
> The one datum i forgot to add (having forgotten it myself, since I
> seldom have to interact with the Director manually) is that after all
> running jobs complete, it FREQUENTLY (but not always, I think) becomes
> possible to connect again.  (It did last night, for example.)  So there
> appears to be some kind of factor of load involved.  It could even be
> related to network utilization.

Phil, I could be wrong, but I think I remember that the maximum concurrent
jobs option might have something to do with this and that perhaps the bconsole
connections count as a "job".

This "theory" seems to correlate nicely with the fact that when no jobs are
running you are able to connect once a gain?

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC