Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Mysterious Director console connection failures

2012-03-07 15:38:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Mysterious Director console connection failures
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:36:14 +0100
Hello,

In looking at the output below, I have a similar comment to Martin
about bat and bconsole.  First, you should understand that currently
the Director only has a concept of a *single* console.  When you
run with bat, it puts the console in gui mode, and so if you are running
any bconsoles at the same time and you just happen to get some output,
you will probably get stuff destined for bat, which will completely confuse
bconsole.

Moral of the story.  Don't run multiple bconsoles if possible because you
probably will get output mixed between them, and above all don't run
bconsole at the same time as bat or they both will probably get confused
particularly bconsole.  bconsole won't have any idea how to handle "signals"
destined for bat.

Best regards,
Kern