Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Mysterious Director console connection failures

2012-03-07 10:24:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Mysterious Director console connection failures
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:22:41 -0500
On 03/07/2012 09:58 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> It appears I can connect as many consoles as I want, up to the
> Director's configured concurrency limit, with no problem ... until I
> start scheduling jobs.
>
> So, then I opened a bconsole and left it open, then scheduled two jobs
> from BAT successfully.  Then I tried to schedule a third.  No go.
>
> At this point, I tried to open an additional new bconsole.  No go, and
> the trace *did not log anything* for the connection attempt.  I could
> continue to schedule more manual jobs from the existing open bconsole,
> but could start no new consoles, and BAT became completely unresponsive.
>  It appears that once two or three jobs were scheduled, the Director
> *stopped listening* for new console connections, but continued to
> service existing open consoles.

I forgot to add:  Jobs started by the Director automatically according
to a Schedule do not affect console connections.  Only manually started
jobs, or jobs manually scheduled via a console for a future start time,
result in console connection failures.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.