Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device is blocked labeling a Volume

2012-03-01 11:00:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device is blocked labeling a Volume
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:58:03 +0100
Am 01.03.2012 10:41, schrieb Uwe Schuerkamp:
> Hmm, I was "hoping" for some scsi timeouts or similar which might
> explain why the device is apparently stuck labelling a tape... do you
> have physical access to the device? Any status lights indicating an
> error condition (obvious detail, but I'd rather make sure ;-)

The device itself was just sitting idle. It showed no sign of a
problem.

For lack of a better idea, I have now restarted all Bacula daemons.
That cleared the condition, and I could load and unload tapes again:

====

Device status:
Autochanger "HP1x8autoloader" with devices:
   "LTO-3" (/dev/nst0)
Device "FileStorage" (/tmp) is not open.
Device "LTO-3" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with:
    Volume:      Daily_2
    Pool:        *unknown*
    Media type:  LTO-3
    Slot 3 is loaded in drive 0.
    Total Bytes Read=64,512 Blocks Read=1 Bytes/block=64,512
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0
====

The hanging jobs were all gone, of course. They did neither
generate any status mails nor leave any trace in the Bacula log.
Let's see how the upcoming round of backup jobs will fare.

Thanks,
T.

--
Tilman Schmidt