Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] cannot read prelabeled volume

2012-01-30 11:47:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] cannot read prelabeled volume
From: mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu
To: Papp Rudolf Péter <peer AT peer DOT hu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:45:48 -0500
In the message dated: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:54:34 +0100,
The pithy ruminations from =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Papp_Rudolf_P=E9ter?= on
<[Bacula-users] cannot read prelabeled volume> were:
=> Hello Everyone!
=>
=> I have a weird problem. I manage an one-maschine-backup with bacula
=> 5.0.2 (Debian Squeeze) from localhost to a SCSI LTO-3 (Ultrium) drive.
=> It's a simple situation. When I label a tape then I can read back that
=> label with btape but after several days it's not possible to read back.
=> Backups failing btape readlabel shows empty tape.

Sounds very similar to what I described last week. See the list archive for
the subject "critical error -- tape labels get corrupted, previous backups
unreadable":

        http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28718589

Mark