Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] VirtualFull please mount volume message

2012-01-30 04:20:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull please mount volume message
From: Tom <mot AT tom DOT be>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:22:53 +0100
Hello,

this is my setup. I defined 2 filebased storage devices, file-1 and
file-2. They are mapped to the folder /bacula-stor/file-1 and
/bacula-stor/file-2. I defined 2 pools, pool-1 and pool-2, that are
mapped to the storage devices. Pool-1 has his Next Pool directive set to
pool-2.

I have an incremental backup job that uses pool-1. On sunday, I want to
merge these incremental backups using a VirtualFull backup. The first
week, this went good. He used pool-1 as a source and pool-2 as a target.
This week however, he hangs with request to mount the media the previous
full backup was taken to. The problem is that this media is in pool-2
(=device file-2, /bacula-stor/file-2), and he tries to mount it with
pool-1 (=device file-1, /bacula-stor/file-1). This means he's looking
for the file in the wrong folder and can't find it. I think the reason
it worked the first time, was because the first incremental backup was
automatically upgraded to full, but was written to pool-1.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks,

Tom