Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] cannot read prelabeled volume

2012-01-29 09:46:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] cannot read prelabeled volume
From: Papp Rudolf Péter <peer AT peer DOT hu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:54:34 +0100
Hello Everyone!

I have a weird problem. I manage an one-maschine-backup with bacula
5.0.2 (Debian Squeeze) from localhost to a SCSI LTO-3 (Ultrium) drive.
It's a simple situation. When I label a tape then I can read back that
label with btape but after several days it's not possible to read back.
Backups failing btape readlabel shows empty tape.
I buy a new tape from the same type size (HP) but an another problem
occured only 200 GB can be written from the 400 (800) GB. There are many
tapes 25-30% of them usable but most of them non functional - the
backups were fail (with message to label a new tape, but all pools are
full in the database). If I delete from the pool the actual non-working
tape and use label command and run the backup session manually then all
things looks like ok. Should my drive damaged? How can I test it -
except btape test 'cause it is working - an other way? I guess it's not
because of bacula...

Dear List! If anybody got an idea why (bacula - tape - drive) triad
forget the label information don't hesitate and send a message to the list.

Thank your for your attention!