Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Have we reached bacula's limits?

2012-01-24 10:18:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Have we reached bacula's limits?
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:16:18 +0100
Hi folks,

thanks to your hints and ideas the restore times have been reduced
from 3-4 hours to about five minutes (building the directory tree,
that is).

Lesson learnt: Before complaining loudly to the list, make sure your
db is in good health by administering a generous dosage of "repair
table" statements in mysql even if the database itself reports that
all is just fine and dandy. Turned out the File table had some errors
which seem to have gone undetected. 8-P

I also used the opportunity to kick out mysql for good and replace it
with MariaDB 5.2 which helped improve dir build times even further,
even without having to tweak any special my.cnf settings or exporting
/ importing to InnoDB or some other storage backen. I had wanted to do
this ever since listening to the recent interview with Monty Widenius
on "FLOSS Weekly".

All the best & thanks again for your help,

Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann AG