Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Performance

2011-07-25 10:51:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Performance
From: Rickifer Barros <rickiferbarros AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:48:49 -0300
Hello Guys...

This weekend I did a backup with a size of 41.92 GB that took 1 hour and 24 minutes with a rate of 8.27 MB/s.

My Bacula Server is installed in a IBM server connected in a Tape Drive LTO4 (120 MB/s) via SAS connection (3 Gb/s).

I'm using Encryption and Compression Gzip6.

I think that this rate (8.27 MB/s) is too much slow for such configuration.

I'd like to know how much rate you are getting using Encryption and Compression and what I suppose to do to increase the Bacula's performance.

Thanks

Rickifer Barros.