Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Performance with many files

2011-07-08 02:33:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Performance with many files
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 08:30:17 +0200
On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 11:08:44AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> for table in $(mysql -N --batch -e 'select
> concat(table_schema,'.',table_name) from information_schema.tables where
> engine='MyISAM' and table_schema not in
> ('information_schema','mysql')'); do mysql -N --batch -e "alter table
> $table engine=InnoDB" ; done

actually the outer ' in the first mysql need to be replaced by " or the
inner ' to be quoted.
However, for some reason mysql 5.1 with compiled in innodb calced a lot
on the tables but never actually changed them to innodb. So I just did a
classic mysqldump, changed the MyISAM for InnoDB and loaded that again.
Speed improved many many times. My incremental backup finished after
just 10 minutes while it took 2h earlier.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91