Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Performance with many files

2011-07-06 12:10:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Performance with many files
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:08:44 -0400
On 07/06/11 10:41, Adrian Reyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 10:09:56AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> should I use for my tables?" is MyISAM.[1]  At this point, wherever
>> possible, EVERYONE should be using InnoDB.
>
> I will, if the current backup ever finishes. For a start on MySQL 5.1
> though (Debian squeeze). I am aware InnoDB has a more stable performance
> according to the posts I have found in various bacula-mysql related
> posts. Your post gives me some hope I can get away with converting the
> table format instead of migrating to postgres. Simple for the fact I
> have nicer backup scripts for mysql than for postgres.

Oh, sure.  It's dead simple.

for table in $(mysql -N --batch -e 'select
concat(table_schema,'.',table_name) from information_schema.tables where
engine='MyISAM' and table_schema not in
('information_schema','mysql')'); do mysql -N --batch -e "alter table
$table engine=InnoDB" ; done

Keep in mind that on MySQL 5.1, you should preferably be using the
InnoDB plugin rather than the built-in InnoDB engine.  The plugin InnoDB
engine is newer and performs better.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.