Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Performance options for single large (100TB) server backup?

2011-07-06 12:02:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Performance options for single large (100TB) server backup?
From: "Steve Costaras" <stevecs AT chaven DOT com>
To: "Florian Heigl" <florian.heigl AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:08:21 +0000

Found a solutino to why multi-volume was not working correctly (don't know what the problem was) but had to re-create the database and once I re-did that/recreated the tape pool now it's working with multi-jobs using the same tape.   Go figure.

As for your comment here with multi-streaming, YES I agree 100%.   Splitting this up into multiple jobs /works/ but it's a kludge.   Restores now also have to be done seperately as there is no cross-correlation that I'm backing up the SAME client.   So if I have 20 jobs I need 20 restores and the restores since they are separete will take more tape mounting time as each restore will wait on the previous one.

Arkeia and Netbackup both allow for multi-streams or flows for a single job/client.   That would be the ideal solution, however like I mentioned originally I would rather put the $$ into a open source project than giving it to a closed source one if that was possible (it's not like I'm a large company here at all).