Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What happen if I change the client of a job ? Multi node virtualization cluster

2011-03-30 14:22:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What happen if I change the client of a job ? Multi node virtualization cluster
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:20:12 -0300
Hugo, please post your results to the list because I think there's a lot of people (me included) that could use a solution like that...

2011/3/30 John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
> My first question is : How can I tell bacula to choose dynamically the
> client according to the result of a script ?

You can script that by echoing commands to bconsole. Then execute your
script as a cron job.

> My second question is : Can I safely/often change the client of a job
> without having bacula going bad ? Does a client change will create a
> rupture in my backups ? ( eg: Upgrading an incremental to full )

I believe you will be fine to do this. Although it is not something I
have done often.

John