Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] What happen if I change the client of a job ? Multi node virtualization cluster

2011-03-10 04:44:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] What happen if I change the client of a job ? Multi node virtualization cluster
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:41:14 +0100
Hi,

I am using a KVM and open vz virtualization cluster and I am going to
do my backup directly from the host instead of from each virtual
machine.
So I increase my backup performance by reducing the virtual layers and
also it will give me an advantage in managing LVM snapshots during my
pre and post backup scripts.

The difficulty is that VMs are supposed to be migrated on many nodes
of the cluster.

For the moment I have one File Daemon per node.

I thought I could change the client of a job after a migration ?
Nevertheless, I have some doubts:
- It will be complicated to rewrite dir configuration after each
migration, with obligation to reload the conf
- Is there a mean to do that via bconsole ?
- I think that changing the client will break the continuity of a job
so it will create a new full like if the system detect a fileset
change.

- Have you another approach of the problem ?

Thanks

Hugo