Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What happen if I change the client of a job ? Multi node virtualization cluster

2011-03-30 05:31:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What happen if I change the client of a job ? Multi node virtualization cluster
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:28:06 +0200
Hi,

I found no solution to do that.

What I think is to have a script on my virtualization cluster that
returns the value of the Bacula client that the job should use.

My first question is : How can I tell bacula to choose dynamically the
client according to the result of a script ?

My second question is : Can I safely/often change the client of a job
without having bacula going bad ? Does a client change will create a
rupture in my backups ? ( eg: Upgrading an incremental to full )

If someone have some idea, that would be very cool !

Thanks
Hugo