Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore (knock on wood) from Copy Jobs

2011-03-30 14:07:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore (knock on wood) from Copy Jobs
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:04:35 -0300
Hello again everyone.

Currently, I have 2 Tape Storages configured on my Bacula Server, but I only using one (which is enough to hold all my Full/Diff backups). I want to use the second Tape Storage to store Backups and take it's tapes somewhere else safe. I was thinking about using Copy Jobs, to copy every Full/Diff Backup ran on the first Tape Storage to the second.

My doubts are:
  1. Is this the right solution for my problem? Or, at least, will it work?
  2. In case of a (knock on wood) catastrophe and loose every tape on my storages (except the ones that are on a safe place), how do I restore from those tapes storing those Copy Jobs?
For now, that's all.

Thanks!